Alec Baldwin finally hands over his cell phone to the police
A month after being arrested, Alec Baldwin turned his cell phone over to the cops
A month after being ordered by the police to hand over his mobile phone, 63-year-old actor Alec Baldwin finally complied. This was confirmed today, Thursday January 14, by his attorney, Aaron Dyer.
The device is now apparently in the hands of authorities in Suffolk County, New York, near Baldwin’s home, who will likely hand it over to authorities in New Mexico.
Her phone had been requested by Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza following the tragic accidental shooting on October 21 last year of 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of their film production for “Rust”, at Bonanza Creek Ranch, New Mexico.
Talk with Deadline, Aaron Dyer told them, “Alec voluntarily provided his phone to authorities this morning so they could complete their investigation. But this case is not about his phone, and there is no answer on his phone. Alec didn’t do anything wrong.”
“Clearly he was told it was a cold gun and was following instructions when this tragic accident happened,” he added, “The real question that needs to be answered is how the live bullets got to the board in the first place”.
A warrant for Alec Baldwin’s phone was first issued on December 16. Although he has not yet been charged with any crime, Santa Fe County District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies insisted his cell phone was needed so investigators could check it to ‘get’ . any material” that could help determine what led to the shooting, as reported by dailymail.co.uk.
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to check The Euro Weekly News for all your up-to-date local and international news, and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.