Alec Baldwin hands over iPhone in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting investigation a month after a search warrant was issued for the device
Alec Baldwin finally turned his iPhone over to authorities a month after a search warrant was issued for the device.
Last month, Santa Fe police issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s iPhone as part of their investigation into the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust.”
Alec Baldwin fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, and wounded Joel Souza, 48, on a film set in Santa Fe, Mexico, in October.
Baldwin had been in contact with Santa Fe detectives but refused to hand over his phone so police could issue a warrant in December.
TRENDS: GET READY! The ‘mother of all supply chain shocks’ looms as China closes major ports due to pandemic
“Any suggestion that I’m not complying with requests or warrants, or search warrants on my phone, that’s nonsense. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in a bizarre Instagram rant last week.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News that it now has Baldwin’s iPhone… ONE MONTH after the warrant was issued.
ABC News reported:
Alec Baldwin turned his cellphone over to New Mexico authorities a month after a search warrant was issued for the device as part of the investigation into the fatal shooting on the “Rust” film set, authorities said.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News on Friday that it now has the actor’s cell phone.
Authorities said they want to review text messages sent from the phone as part of their investigation into the on-set shooting in Santa Fe last year that killed the film’s cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured its director. , Joel Sousa.
Investigators are also looking to seize photos and videos, emails, Internet browsing histories, GPS data and more, according to the court order.