The S&P and Nasdaq indices close at session highs. Main indexes down for the week.
Major US equity indices closed mixed, but the NASDAQ and S&P index erased declines and closed near the day’s highs.
- For the week, the main indices are all down.
- The Dow closed lower and was down for the second day in a row
- NASDAQ closes higher despite higher yields with 10-year yield up 8.0 basis points
The final figures are displayed:
- The Dow Industrial Average fell -201.81 points or -0.56% to 3591.82
- The S&P index rose 3.82 points or 0.08% to 4662.84. The low price caused the index to drop -44.22 points or -0.95%
- The NASDAQ index rose 86.95 points or 0.59% to 14893.76. The low price caused the index to drop -117.5 points or -0.79%. It also took the price back below its 200-day moving average near 14726. On Monday, the index broke below the 200-day moving average and closed higher. Today was the second try below the 200-day moving average and the second failure to close below the level
- Russell 2000 rose 3.01 points or 0.14% to 2162.45
For the week, the main indices all closed lower:
- Dow was the worst performer with a decline of -0.83%
- The S&P index fell -0.27%
- The NASDAQ index fell -0.29%