Types of melee weapons in Chapter 2 Season 8
| Sport Today Headlines | Local News
Fortnite is known for being a third person shooter game, but there is more to it than just weapons. The Battle Royale title has throwable items, explosives, traps, and even melee weapons. Melee weapons are not common, but they are part of the game and have been for quite some time.
Melee weapons are important right now because there are currently two quest line challenges that involve a melee weapon. Dire is the last NPC to arrive on the island, and his Fortnite challenges are:
- Emote at the Weather Station, Fort Crumpet or Lockie’s Lighthouse (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Damage wildlife with a melee weapon (0/40) – 30,000 XP
- Destroy a dumpster in Lazy Lake or Pleasant Park (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Eliminate Cube Monsters in The Sideways with a melee weapon (0/5) – 30,000 XP
- Travel on foot in Misty Meadows (0/200) – 30,000 XP
This means that Fortnite players will need melee weapons, so what qualifies as a melee weapon in Chapter 2 Season 8?
All melee weapons in Fortnite
Currently, there is only one melee weapon in the game, and that is the pickaxe. Fortunately for players trying to complete this challenge, all they need is a pickaxe. It is not necessary to find it in a chest or buy it from another NPC. All Fortnite players are inherently equipped with it and can complete both challenges.
They will simply need to find wildlife, be it raptors, wild boars, wolves or birds, and hit them twice with a Fortnite pickaxe. Then, they must find the Sideways, either through an anomaly or the main portal, and kill five cube monsters with their pickaxe. The smallest cube monsters are the easiest, and it won’t take long to kill five. It is highly recommended to avoid poison gas monsters.
While there is only one pickaxe available now, there have been many other melee weapons in the game’s history.
- Infinity Blade (mythical)
- Lightsabers (mythical)
- Kingsman (legendary)
- Wolverine Claws (Mythic)
- She-Hulk’s Fists (Mythic)
- Amban Sniper Rifle (Mythic)
- Predatory Claw, Unreachable (Legendary)
These Fortnite melee weapons are all currently vaulted and will not be available anytime soon, although more may be in development.
Sport News Today Usa News Types of melee weapons in Chapter 2 Season 8